That’s the perennial million-dollar question, and in the digital age, it’s reached a whole new dimension.
Anyone working in marketing or sales knows how hard it is to attract new customers, let alone how much it costs. The truth is that today we compete with so much more than just other companies. We fight for attention in an age where people are more exposed to impressions than ever. According to several studies, we are exposed to between 3,000 and 20,000 ad impressions per day. That’s more than anyone is able to handle, and most of the ads just flicker by. So what actually catches a prospect’s attention, and why? We could go on and on about this, and there is plenty of literature written about it too, but these three things are fundamental:
- Adaptation to the sales conditions of the digital world.
Point 3, in particular, is where many B2B companies fall behind and lose out to their competitors.
What to do? The answer is to work with data-driven sales and marketing. Bosbec is a specialist in this:
A sales rep’s day-to-day:
42% see prospecting as the most challenging part of their job.
33% of their time is spent on research.
B2B salespeople spend 17% of their time filling in, updating, and checking data.
What to do?
Use computers to reach the right companies and make contact with them at the right time:
- Automate parts of your sales process
- Keep data relevant
- Create alerts based on your ideal customer profile
We’ll talk more about how to get new customers later in this mini-course.
Automate the most important parts of your sales and marketing processes. Here are some simple tips for the selection process.
- The solution you choose should be easy to adapt as the market is constantly changing.
- Focus on automating the part of your sales staff’s work that involves administration, be careful not to create new administrative tasks for them.
- Automate research and create alerts for when customers should be contacted
- Make sure you have a solution that handles GDPR and complies with the regulations
- Chapter 1: A whole new ball game for sales and marketing reps
- Chapter 2: How do you get new customers?
- Chapter 3: Increase your customer base through three simple steps
- Chapter 4: 50% of your prospects might be useless!
- Chapter 5: Are you prepared to risk a hefty fine for being sloppy with GDPR?
- Chapter 6: Out-compete the competition
- Chapter 7: Digitalize right, not wrong
- Chapter 8: Make sustainability a part of your sale
- Chapter 9: How to build a prospect list despite restrictions
Does automation sound expensive? It doesn’t need to be. Bosbec works with so-called low-code and customizable module solutions. Check it out for yourself!