Most B2B companies communicate about sustainability from their own perspective, i.e., what they are doing to become more sustainable themselves, but are not as good at helping their customers to do so.
Helping customers and prospects in this way will benefit your customer relationships and sales. And that question in particular: “Who can I help become more sustainable?” – is sure to generate leads.
To be successful with this, you need to keep track of what applies to different companies and how you can help them. It’s a sea of information and requires data-driven solutions – something we at Bosbec are specialists in.
Here are some tips to consider when it comes to incorporating sustainability into your sales.
- Find out how your customers/ a specific industry prioritize sustainability. How can your company help them?
- There is an increasing amount of legislation, regulatory requirements, and international agreements out there that affect how we do business. Find out if your solution can help your customers with this. It’s important to show your customers what consequences they might face if they fail to comply.
- Do your customers and prospects risk anything if they fail to deliver on their sustainability targets – perhaps something as important as a contract or an order? Again, it’s useful to highlight this and show how you can help them. Risk is often something that management takes even more seriously than maximizing profits.
- Find out what sustainability areas are important for your customers
- Clearly describe what your company does, and show your customers how you can help them make their businesses more sustainable.
- Identify the sources of your data and make sure you create a solution that is largely data-driven.
- Decide what alerts to use when using sustainability as an argument.
- Chapter 1: A whole new ball game for sales and marketing reps
- Chapter 2: How do you get new customers?
- Chapter 3: Increase your customer base through three simple steps
- Chapter 4: 50% of your prospects might be useless!
- Chapter 5: Are you prepared to risk a hefty fine for being sloppy with GDPR?
- Chapter 6: Out-compete the competition
- Chapter 7: Digitalize right, not wrong
- Chapter 8: Make sustainability a part of your sale
- Chapter 9: How to build a prospect list despite restrictions
Hack: General tips on how to build digital sales
Does automation sound expensive? It doesn’t have to be. Bosbec works with so-called low-code and customizable modular solutions. Check it out for yourself.